Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy

Happy Friday, G, A & N~

While coloring this morning, I came across some really cool sentences! Nick, really, there aren't too many words. So, hang in there.

I am reading "The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life [76;v.873]". I have no idea what the 76 and v. 873 mean, but that's what I get for purchasing the cheapest copy of this book on Amazon. (One of the first sentences in the book is, "VTO thoughtful person can question the fact that, for 1 the most part, the Christian life, as it is generally lived, is not entirely a happy life." VTO? 1? Quite challenging to read an entire book like this. I sure hope I'm getting the right message.)

Anyway...back to a few sentences..."Abandoment...consecration...whatever word we use, we mean an entire surrender of the whole being to God,-spirit, soul, and body placed under His absolute control, for Him to do with us just what He pleases. We mean that the language of our hearts, under all circumstances and in view of every act, is to be 'Thy will be done.'...To a soul ignorant of God, this may look hard; but to those who know Him, it is the happiest and most restful of lives. He is our Father, and He loves us, and He knows just what is best, and therefore, of course, His will is the very most blessed thing that can come to us under any circumstances...Could we but for one moment get a glimpse into the mighty depths of His love, our hearts would spring out to meet His will and embrace it as our richest treasure; and we would abandon ourselves to it with an enthusiasm of gratitude and joy, that such a wondrous privilege could be ours...Better and sweeter than health, or friends, or money, or fame, or ease, or prosperity, is the adorable will of God...The first step you must take in order to enter into the life hid with Christ in God, is that of entire consecration...You must do it gladly, thankfully, enthusiastically. You must go in on what I call the privilege side of consecration; and I can assure you, from the universal testimony of all who have tried it, that you will find it the happiest place you have ever entered yet."

Greg, Ali and Nick, my prayer is that you will abandon yourselves to God, that you will rest in His will for your lives, and that you will discover the peace and joy that Jesus gives us in a life "hidden with Christ in God". (Col. 3:3)

Back to my coloring books,
oxo~Mom

ps~Greg, happy 1/2 marathon! And, yay, you had your first patient! Thanks for calling to tell me about your experience! Have I told you lately, I love it when you come home? ;-)

~Ali, are you feeling any better today? So wish you were here so I could baby you for a few days! Keep me posted on the job hunt. And, I have been praying for Megan. I love you, my Pooh! :-)

~Nick, okay, it was a little more than a few sentences. How's the water? You long boarding? Hope your ankle is feeling okay. Fun with Nate and Taylor last night? I miss you when you're gone! Our home is too quiet and clean. :-0

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Didn't know you took up coloring, oh you of many talents! "the adorable will of God"...what a peaceful place to reside! Love to my three adorable neice/nephews!!!

    ReplyDelete