Sunday, March 27, 2011

Flash Mob

On our drive to church this morning, your dad told me he had read about a Flash Mob (actually a Flash Bow) performed here in California for the people of Japan. Now, I thought that was super cool, but, to be honest, I was a bit jealous. Nick and Ali, you know that my one New Year's resolution (yes, I wasn't exactly honest in my previous post when I wrote that I had no 2011 resolutions) was to be in or observe a Flash Mob. No one called me to be a participant in this recent Flash Bow. But, then again, we never answer our home phone.

So, Greg, Dad and I got to talking about Flash Mobs. You know, strategizing, dreaming, planning. We came up with this: I am going to organize my own! This is how it is going to happen...People will be called to be invited to join me. We will practice singing. No, dancing. There will be lots of us. And, we will take it on the road. Out to Loma Linda Dental School. Yes! We will surprise Greg as he is in between classes.

But, why not kill two birds with one stone?! All of the others involved will be women between the ages of 22 and 26. Yes! And, your dad, and you, Nick and Ali, and I will have screened them as potential candidates for Greg to date. You know..."Do you love Jesus? What do you think of a crazy San Diego family that talks about Jesus a lot, and sex, and food, and watches lots of soccer and American Idol and Modern Family on TV? What would you think about being an Army dentist's wife and living anywhere you are sent for four years? Do you like to hike? Do you know how to cook healthy meals? Do you have a sense of humor? Any mentoring on being a wife?" You know, just some basic questions.

But, Greg admitted that he wouldn't want lots of girls in this dancing flash mob. Too many to choose from. Maybe just three. So, the plan is to surprise Greg with me and three well-screened young ladies, breaking out into dance on the campus of Loma Linda! But, then, I thought that if we had questioned these girls, the four of us (not you, Greg, because this is a surprise for you!) would have picked the one! So...It really is inaccurate to call it a Flash Mob. Your dad thought of a great name! Flash Duo!

Be prepared! Could happen at any moment!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Alisa! I will let you know if I have any candidates worthy of Gregory! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear if I hadn't babysat sweet Gregory back in the day, I would submit my resume -- but that would be weird ... right?? ;)

    I have no doubt the right one will come along for him. He's too hot a commodity to be single for much longer! (Then again, that's what I thought about me too, haha)

    ReplyDelete