Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nothin'

While stopping by the Searles this evening to help celebrate Jonny's 20th birthday, my precious niece, Julia, questioned me as to why I had no new posts on my blog. You know, sometimes I just have nothing...no words of wisdom, no witty stories, no new insight...just nothing.

This has been a strange week. Maybe it's the anxiety that followed me for a few days after Kim performed the Heimlich on me at a New York midtown Italian restaurant while celebrating Mary's 50th with Ali looking on, horror in her eyes. Who knows? Maybe it's the stress of being business owners with its ups and downs. Maybe it's friends my age dealing with unstable emotions. Just can't figure it out.

With the fun of celebrating birthdays, taking dancing lessons, getting together with dear friends, comes heart ache. A friend attended the funeral of Austin Bice today. Another friend made time to visit her dad in the Alzheimer care facility. Greg and I chatted with our neighbor who unexpectedly lost his brother a few weeks ago. Japan...need I say more?

Life...precious moments alongside painful moments and disasters. So, what do I sense God speaking to me these days? He is faithful. He loves us. He feels our pain. He wants me to fix my eyes on Him. He longs for me to call out to Him, communicate with Him, listen to Him. He is okay with my weakness, because it is then that I more readily recognize that it has been His strength all along. His desire is that I live in His presence, even when I can't feel it. He is my daily Joy, my perfect Peace, my eternal Hope! He is my Life!

So, Ali, Greg and Nick. Thanks for your patience with me these past few days. Thank you for your prayers, your encouragement, your laughter, your love! My prayer for you, as you journey through this thing called life, is that you cling to Jesus, live in the presence of our God, don't trust your emotions, know Whose you are and how it all ends!

I love you three dearly,
oxo-Mom

ps~Angels come down...

No comments:

Post a Comment