Friday, January 21, 2011

WDJD?

You three know I have never been crazy about the WWJD thing. Trying to think what Jesus would do and then trying to copy it myself implies 1) that Jesus is not alive and well and living His life in and through us today, and 2) that I, in my own strength, could even possibly do what Jesus did. But, I realized that there were some things Jesus did while He walked this earth that we can do today. What did Jesus do?
-He emptied Himself.~Philippians 2:7b
-He did not seek His own will, but the will of the Father Who sent Him.~John 5:30
-He did nothing of Himself.~John 8:28b
-He did not speak on His own authority, but acknowledged that the Father who dwells in Him does the works.~John 14:10b

So, we can...
-Recognize that without Him we can do nothing.~John 15:5
-Realize that we are not sufficient in ourselves. Our sufficiency is from God.~II Cor. 3:5
-Accept the truth that we are dead to self, so that the life of Jesus may be manifested in our bodies.~II Cor. 4:10 !!! I love all this!

So, WDJWTD (What Does Jesus Want To Do) in and through you today?!!

I love you so much, Ali, Nick and Greg!
oxo-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment