Friday, October 21, 2011

Grow Up!

"Rather, let our lives lovingly express truth [in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly]. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him Who is the Head, [even] Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)."~Paul, writing to the saints at Ephesus, chapter 4, verse 15 (Amplified version)

The topic of spiritual maturity has come up quite often lately. What would you, Ali, Nick and Greg, say is the definition? It's a tough one.

Dad came up with what I think is a good one a few years ago..."How quickly one defaults to walking in the Spirit." I love that! And, by the way, I love seeing your dad grow in his "Jesus" maturity! Through the years, he is quicker and quicker to go from reacting in the flesh, to walking in the Spirit!

Ali, do you remember the picture (in your head) you told me about you walking with Jesus? You are a little child, holding the hand of Jesus and looking only to Him? That got me thinking of my definition..."Becoming like a child, looking only to Jesus, the Holy Spirit, my Heavenly Father...God... being led by Him, going wherever He takes me, trusting Him completely, knowing without a doubt His deep love for me and who I am in Him, and recognizing my utter helplessness without Him in my life. Keeping my eyes, heart, mind set on Him and counting Him as my very Life."

My prayer for you, Greg, Nick and Ali, is that as each of you grow up in Christ, you become more and more like a child!

oxo-Mom

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"~Matthew 19:14 (NIV)

"Now, little children, abide in Him..." ~I John 2:28 (NASB)

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God."~Romans 8:14 (NIV)


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Alisa! We are memorizing this verse...If we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the spirit. Gal. 5:25 so we do live in the Spirit if we are believers but we must choose to walk in Him! That means we can also choose to walk in dead flesh if we want. Yuck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete