Thursday, October 20, 2011

Choices

Based on what God has taught me in the past few weeks, I am changing this post a bit. I love that He continues to reveal His truths to me! And, I look forward to always learning more, changing views I've held, if necessary. He is so good like that!

What is this...the 4th sermon?

A gentle reminder: "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you."~Romans 8:9a

Every day, each moment, in every new circumstance, each time your mind wants to think the worst, to criticize, to judge, to be anxious, fearful, even when you are alone with your thoughts...you have a choice:

You can be fleshly (I Cor. 3:3)...independent from Jesus Christ, on your own.

Or...

You can walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16, 25)...allow the Holy Spirit to live through you, in surrender to God's will, in complete dependence on Jesus Christ!

That's about it!

Oh, one last thing...The normal life of a believer of Jesus Christ, indwelt by the Holy Spirit is to be characterized by living in, walking by, a mind set on the Spirit!

You're dismissed.

oxo-Mom


Romans 8:6 (NASB)~"For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."

Galatians 5:16 (Amplified Version)~"But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).





No comments:

Post a Comment