Friday, October 7, 2011

Grandpa's Nine Lives

Your Aunt Debbi, Aunt Lori and I think that your grandpa may have that whole nine lives thing going on. He has used up several of them, but we think he still has some left! Twice in the past six weeks, since he has been in the hospital, we thought he was headed to heaven. And, both times he has gotten better! Thank You, Jesus, for added time!

Grandpa knows where he is going when his time here on earth is done. He doesn't seem fearful. Secretly, I think he would like more time to spend with us, with you, with Grandma. He kind of has a hard time pulling himself away from projects to be with his loved ones. Did you know that? :-) I think he would like to have another chance to work on that! He also wants to get back to the YMCA and walk Mandy on the beach.

Death...passing from this life to our true, eternal life...It's a strange thing. So...during my morning coloring time awhile back, I looked into this. In my journal, I titled this, "My Desire for My Perspective on Earth"...(again, just looking up some really cool verses and jotting them down...very creative and insightful of me! Right?!)


Phil. 3:20~"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Hebrews 13:14~"For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come."

John 17:3~"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

I John 5:20~"And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

I John 2:15,17~"Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world the love of the Father is not in him...The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever."

Matthew 16:24,25~"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.'"

Luke 12:34~"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

II Cor. 4:16~"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day."


Hope...hope for our lives here on earth today...hope for an eternity with our God! Cool, huh?!

oxo-Mom

ps~Ali, so glad that you got to see Grandpa before heading back to NYC! Hopefully, that won't be the last time you see him!
Nick, thanks for coming to see him when I was at the hospital the other day! Fun getting yogurt together!
Greg, wonderful that you will see your Grandpa tomorrow! Should be a bit different than last time. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment