Friday, July 8, 2011

Preacher Mom

My Three Most Favorite Young Adults in the Whole World,

What it comes down to is this: There are some things I wish I would have heard when I was growing up that I'd like to make sure you know. Maybe I was taught these things, but not sure if they were the focus. And, these things need to be the focus!

First, it's all about Jesus! So the title of this sermon is "The Person of Jesus!" Yes, I'm giving these mom-sermons titles!

Here it goes...

Jesus is...
~the Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
~the Author and Perfecter of our faith. Hebrews 12:2
~High Priest. Hebrews 5:10
~the Guarantee of a better covenant. Hebrews 9:15
~the great Shepherd of the sheep. Hebrews 13:20
~the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
~the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Romans 10:4
~the Living Stone. I Peter 2:4
~the Chief Shepherd. I Peter 5:4
~our righteousness, holiness and redemption. I Corinthians 1:30
~the Author of life. Acts 3:15
~the Word. John 1:14
~the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. John 1:29
~the Way, the Truth and the Life. John 14:6
~the Chief Cornerstone. Ephesians 2:20
~our Peace. Ephesians 2:14
~a Life-giving Spirit. II Corinthians 15:45
~the Spiritual Rock. I Corinthians 10:4
~the One and Only. John 1:14
~the Bread of Life. John 6:35, 48
~the Savior of the world. John 4:42
~the True Vine. John 15:1
~the Righteous One. Acts 7:52
~God's Anointed One. Acts 4:26, Psalms 2:1,2
~Prince and Savior. Acts 5:31
~Immanuel=God with us. Matthew 1:23
~King of the Jews. Matthew 2:2
~Teacher. Matthew 8:19
~Christ, the Son of the Living God. Matthew 16:16
~the Word of God. Revelation 19:13
~Faithful and True. Revelation 19:11
~King of kings and Lord of lords. Revelation 19:16
~a Shield for me, my Glory and the One who lifts my head. Psalms 3:3
~the Power of God and the Wisdom of God. I Corinthians 1:24
~the Head over every power and authority. Colossians 2:10
~the Image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation. Colossians 1:15
~the Radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being. Hebrews 1:3
~the Living One. Revelation 1:18
~the Spirit. II Corinthians 3:17
~the Resurrection and the Life. John 11:25
~the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Rev. 22:13

Cool, huh?!

Closing hymn and you're dismissed!

oxo-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment