Monday, December 4, 2017

A Letter from Nana

As we sat on the patio of our hotel room in Avila, overlooking the ocean, in November, 2016, I asked Nana if she would dictate a letter to my grandchildren, her great-grandchildren. Debbi, Julia, Ali and I listened, as Maddie danced around and as Nana shared her heart for this next generation of Falk grandchildren:


To my special, precious great-grandkids,

Keep loving the Lord, because without the Lord you have nothing. And, if you have the Lord you have everything. Don't try to make it alone. We all need the Lord. That's always the main thing. Sometimes I don't deserve to be forgiven, but I have been. It's so wonderful to know the Lord.

The Lord has been so good to me. My mom wasn't that crazy about me, because she had so many children. Merrill would always say, "I don't know why Mother treats you so bad." I'm sorry I ever said unkind things about my mom because there was so much good in her. She didn't deserve the bratty child that she raised. 

My sisters got in trouble with my daddy because when he saw Alisa, he said, "That is the prettiest baby I've ever seen."

She (Alisa) had too many friends. She didn't need a mom to tell her what to do. That's so true. But to be on Alisa's list... She's a joy and a treasure and I love her with all my heart. And I love her family. Oh my goodness. We're so blessed. 

At the right time Greg came into her life. He's been a joy to know. Greg was our choice for Alisa. We've loved him ever since. We have done nothing but enjoyed him. And he's really hot. He could be in the movies. He's so cute. Not only that, he is such a gentleman. He's wonderful. We all had our eyes on Greg for our family, but he finally opened up his eyes for Alisa. And, it didn't take long after that. He fell in love with her and asked her to marry him. She jumped into his arms. We have to say HA HA HA. 

We are very blessed by having Gregory in our family. Oh! What a joy! So sweet and such a gentleman. I love it when he hugs me. He is such a humble guy. And, so giving and sweet. And talk about a chick! That Maria is so cute! I think she's a wonderful girl. And, thank you, Lord, that she's a part of our family.

Ali is the cutest. We can't tell you how much we enjoy Ali. She is such a joy to the family.
She's darling and smart and just a very warm, cuddly little granddaughter, and I love her dearly. She's so smart and so loved by Grandpa and me. What a joy for me! 


And then there's Nick. Nick is hard to get to know. But, when you get to know him, you know a star. He does not like to be hugged. It was Christmas, and he kept wondering why there was no Christmas present for him. I said, "There must be something for you." After that I went to the garage and got a big surfboard. It said "TO NICK". He was so excited. He came back to me and cuddled up to me and we have been friends ever since. 

Grandpa and I lie in bed and look at the picture of our family. We've shed tears, but they are of joy. Our children have never produced any shame. We are grateful. And blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and precious to have for you and your family, Lis!

    ReplyDelete