Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Funnel

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life."~Jesus Christ (John 5:39,40)

I love how our Bible is a book that reveals the Lord Jesus Christ to us! Kind of like a funnel...All flows down (and points to) Jesus, Holy Spirit, our Father!

While journaling awhile back, these were my thoughts on Paul's letter to the Ephesians, chapter 6, verses 14 to 17:

"Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth..."
~"I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."-John 14:5
Truth=Jesus!

"and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,"
~"But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,"-I Corinthians 1:30
Righteousness=Jesus!

"and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;"
~"For He Himself is our peace..."-Ephesians 2:14
Peace=Jesus!

"in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one."
~"...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith..."-Hebrews 12:2
Leader and Source of our faith (Amplified version)=Jesus!

"and taking the helmet of salvation..."
 ~"The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; Whom shall I fear?"-Psalm 27:1
My Salvation=The Lord!

"...and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God."
~"He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God."-Revelation 19:13
The Word of God=Jesus!

So, seems to me that putting on the full armor of God is JESUS!
 "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts."~Romans 13:14.
"For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ."~Galatians 3:27

Ali, Greg and Nick, my prayer for you today and always is that you daily put on Jesus Christ, that you are clothed in Him...And, I thank Him that you three have come to Him to have life, to know Him as your Life!

oxo-Mom

Ali~Tomorrow!!! NYC here I come!!!
Greg~Looks and sounds like you are having a blast in Colorado with Dad! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Nick~Thanks for staying over last Saturday night to protect me! Hope your week is going well! Yay, Organic Chemistry!

No comments:

Post a Comment